As a volunteer Program Chair for 2016 SIGGRAPH Conferences in Anaheim, California, Denise is responsible for continuing the success and momentum of the brand new VR Village program debuted in 2015. Previously as a Co-Chair in 2015 for VR Village, Denise is working with Conference Chair Mona Kasra, conference management and the AV team to develop an interactive, engaging and educational program. Throughout the week at SIGGRAPH 2016, attendees can explore the fascinating potential of real-time immersion in tomorrow’s virtual and augmented realities for telling stories, engaging audiences, and powering real–world applications in health, education, design, and gaming.
Features of the program include:
- Developing a program plan that takes into consideration attendee and contributor experience, budget and venue logistics;
- Creating a Call for Submissions;
- Partaking in the adjudication process, designing a VR Village jury;
- working with individual contributors who are selected for SIGGRAPH 2016;
- work alongside Program Chairs in SIGGRAPH to designate resources, problem solve and collaborate on the common vision;
- Work through technical and logistical details of the equipment needs, floorplan and attendee traffic.
More about SIGGRAPH 2016 at http://s2016.siggraph.org
SIGGRAPH related literature below.