ScavengeAR is an Augmented Reality Scavenger Hunt Application created for the 2017 SIGGRAPH VR Village. It was developed by an International team of Volunteers and was deployed at SIGGRAPH 2017 in Los Angeles.
Read more at: http://blog.siggraph.org/2017/07/introducing-siggraph-scavengear-new-mobile-game.html
The Lab – Venue Based Games
The Lab is a section in our app dedicated to contributor and venue generated content.
- A SIGGRAPH trivia game created by the International Resource Committee.
- Sigget Falls:
- An Augmented Reality experiment created by volunteers
ScavengeAR – SIGGRAPH 2017 Deployment Results
- Introduced Attendees to Augmented Reality on iOS and Android platforms.
- Encouraged Attendees to diversify their experience by exploring unfamiliar venues
- Created new opportunities for people to network with each other.
- Provided a way to keep attendees engaged between sessions while educating them about SIGGRAPH’s history and impact within the industry
1500 Unique downloads across iOS & Android
10% of total attendees downloaded app
Donations from: Google, Industrial Light & Magic, Laika, & Merge VR